Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stupid Lawsuits

Charlotte Feeney sued cosmetics giant L'Oreal for $15,000. Feeney insisted her life was ruined when she accidentally touched up her naturally blonde hair with brown dye from a mislabeled box.

"I was sick to my stomach," she said in an affidavit. "I have a bad hair day every day. I had headaches. I don't like myself. I stay home more than ever in my life. I wear hats most of the time."

What's more, she told her doctor that she doesn't know how to dress now that she's no longer a blonde - one reason her doctor prescribed medication to treat anxiety and depression.

"Blondes get more attention than brunettes," she said. "Emotionally, I miss that."

Thankfully a judge dismissed the suit, ruling that Feeney never proved that L'Oreal was to blame for the mix-up

Of course the real question is...why didn't she just dye her hair back to blonde? Maybe L'Oreal should have just sent her a box of blonde hair color for free! That would have solved everything!


Credit: Reader's Digest May 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment