Wednesday, July 29, 2009

ONE DAY JOB

Credit: Unknown.

So after landing my new job as a department store greeter, (am excellent find for many retirees), I lasted less than a day. Only two hours into the job a loud-mouth, unattractive, mean-acting woman entered the store with her two children. She shouted obscenities at them all the way through the front entrance.
As I was instructed during my training, I smiled and pleasantly said, "Good morning and welcome to our store. Nice children you have there. Are they twins?"
The ugly woman stopped yelling at the two children long enough to say, "Hell no, they ain't twins. The oldest one is going on ten, and the other one is only seven. Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?"
My reply was, "I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am. I just couldn't believe someone slept with you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at our store."

My supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment