Thursday, June 10, 2010

JEST FOR FUN


It was the perfect day for a little fishing, but after a while I ran
out of bait. Then a few feet up the shore I saw a snake with a
frog in his mouth, and frogs are good bass bait. Knowing the
snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth, I grabbed
him right behind the head, took the frog and put it in my bait
bucket. Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without
getting bit. After thinking about it for awhile, I had an idea: I
grabbed my bottle of whiskey (hey, don't laugh: it's the best
part of fishing!) and poured a little whiskey in its mouth.

Sure enough, his eyes rolled back, he went limp, and I released
him without incident. I carried on my fishing with the frog. Caught
a big bass, too! A couple hours later I felt something brush my
leg. I looked down and there was that same snake looking up
at me. He had two frogs in his mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment