Thursday, October 27, 2011

JEST FOR FUN

A man goes to see his rabbi. 'Rabbi, something terrible is happening, and I have to talk to you about it.' The rabbi asks, 'What's wrong?' The man replies, 'My wife is trying to poison me.' The rabbi, very surprised by this, asks, 'How can that be?' The man then pleads, 'I'm telling you, I'm certain she's putting poison in my food; what should I do?' The rabbi then offers, 'Tell you what. Let me talk to her; I'll see what I can find out, and I'll let you know.' So the rabbi calls the wife and asks her what is going on in her marriage. There follows a vituperative harangue that involves a lot of screaming, cursing, invective, vitriol, and huge doses of bitterness. The rabbi tries to intercede with the wife, but at no point in the three-hour tirade is the clergyman able to get a word in edgewise. The rabbi then calls the man and says, "I spoke to your wife on the phone as I said I would. You want my advice?' 'Yes,' says the man, and the rabbi replies, 'Take the poison!'

No comments:

Post a Comment